CHRIS MATHERS - FORMER UNDERCOVER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, EXPERT ON FRAUD, CYBER-CRIME, MONEY LAUNDERING, COMPLIANCE & SECURITY.
Information for Meeting and Conference Planners
We work regularly with meeting planners. Chris can create a custom speech or presentation for your event that will entertain and enlighten your audience. If you would like to book Chris for you upcoming event, contact us at email@example.com for details on fees, dates and travel.
FUTURE PROOF - Privacy, Security and the Detection of Crime - 25 Years into the Future
Imagine a world where every telephone call is monitored, every email and text message read. A world where all of your most personal information is for sale to the highest bidder.
As technology proliferates, what choices will you make? How much of your privacy will you be willing to give up for the sake of security? Convenience? Social Interaction?
And where will be as a society in 25 years? What impact will the choices we make today have on privacy and security in the future. And how will our government protect us?
Join Chris Mathers as he takes you on a journey, describing remarkable technologies which already exist and some of the more frightening ones to come. Technologies that will ultimately change, not only how we will live, but who and what we will be, as a society.
CURRENT TRENDS AND TOPICS IN BUSINESS TODAY
CORPORATE, COMPLIANCE, FINANCE, & LEGAL
- Cyber Security Awareness - "In English":
- How much risk are you taking each time you turn on your computer, surf the Internet or participate in social media? We are all bombarded every day with emails designed to trick you into downloading malware onto your computer or your corporate network. Who are the people that are working so hard to steal your identity? What can you do to keep them in check? Chris' insights into the world of organized crime and foreign intelligence and how the Internet is the new crime scene, will shock, inform and entertain you.
- Crime in Business and the Business of Crime:
- Have you ever wondered about the seedy underbelly of the business world? Chris Mathers will provide you with a glimpse of the business world of crime and espionage in this keynote address. As a veteran undercover agent at the RCMP and intelligence officer at one of the world’s largest forensic accounting firms, Chris has seen it all and is able to offer unique insights on this topic with his larger-than-life personality.
- Do You Really Know Who You're Doing Business With?
- No-nonsense explanation on why investigating the background of potential domestic and foreign business partners is important and what can happen when you don't. Using real cases, Chris will explain the nuts and bolts of gathering information on individual and corporations around the world.
- Fraud, Corruption and Money Laundering
- Regulatory Compliance
- Management and/or Employee Misconduct
ASSOCIATIONS, ORGANIZATIONS, & FOUNDATIONS
- Travel Risks: How to Avoid Trouble; What to do If Trouble Finds You:
- Situational awareness while traveling abroad.
- Safeguard reputations and ability to raise funds and conduct ethical business practices
- Straight talk on crime: The Link Between Terrorism and Organized Crime.
- My Life: 20 years Undercover: The subject matter is not from a legal or academic perspective, but from a practical, often gritty one. Chris’s approach is to take a complex subject and use plain language, the criminal vernacular and real experiences to illustrate the concepts of organized crime.
The following is a selection of the public sector groups, to which Chris has spoken recently:
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
American Society for Industrial Security
Andorran Bankers Assoc. (Andorra)
Anti-Money Laundering Forum (Johannesburg)
Assoc. of Certified Fraud Examiners (Detroit, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, Montreal, Panama, Toronto)
Assoc. for Corporate Growth (Canada)
Bahamas Assoc. of Compliance Officers
Bahrain Monetary Authority
Better Business Bureau (Calgary)
British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Building Owners and Managers Assoc. (Canada)
California District Attorney’s Investigators Assoc.
Canada / Europe Parliamentarians Assoc.
Canadian Assoc. of Life Underwriters
Canadian Assoc. of Special Investigation Units
Canadian Bar Association
Canada Border Services Agency
Canadian Financial Institutions - Computer Incident Response Team
Canadian Healthcare Anti-Fraud Assoc.
Canadian Institute for International Affairs
Canadian Institute of Actuaries
Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
Canadian Payments Assoc.
Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute
Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
Canadian Society for Industrial Security
Cayman Islands Bankers Assoc.
Cayman Islands Compliance Assoc.
Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
Code of Conduct Bureau (Nigeria)
Council of Private Investigators (Ontario)
Criminal Intelligence Service Ontario
Criminal Intelligence Service Canada
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Nigeria)
Financial Executives International
Financial Stability Institute (Cape Town)
Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (Nigeria)
India Banking Assoc. (Mumbai)
Institute of Banking and Finance (Singapore)
Investment Industry Regulatory Assoc. (Canada)
Investment Funds Institute of Canada
L'Alliance des caisses populaires (Ontario)
Legal Education Society of Alberta
McMaster University World Congress on Financial Crime (Canada)
Michigan Council of Private Investigators (Detroit)
National Assoc. of Credit Risk Management
Nigerian Federal Police
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (Canada)
Ontario Hospital Association
Oman Monetary Authority
Ontario Assoc. of Chiefs of Police
Ontario Bar Assoc.
Ontario Securities Commission (Canada)
Public Policy Forum (Canada)
Qatar Bank Training Institute
Retail Council of Canada
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Royal Society of Fellows (Miami)
Ryerson University (Canada)
Saskatchewan Government Insurance Corporation
Saudi Arabian Investment Authority
Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
Seneca College (Canada)
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Canada, Cayman Islands, Panama)
South African Law Reform Society
South African Money Laundering Forum
Superintendencia de Valores (Colombia)
Third Hemispheric Conference on Money Laundering (Panama)
Toronto Law Office Management Assoc.
Toronto Police Fraud Squad
Toronto Real Estate Board
Toronto Stock Exchange (Canada)
Turnaround Management Assoc. (Toronto)
University of the British West Indies (Barbados)
University of Toronto (Canada)
University of Waterloo (Canada)
University of Western Ontario (Canada)
West Coast Anti-Money Laundering Forum (San Francisco)
York University - Osgoode Hall Law School (Canada)
Young Presidents Association
MEDIA AND PUBLICATIONS
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Cayman Islands)